Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pink: The one that got away

Gosh, that's a good song. I know you'd love it if you listened to it. Every time I hear it, I think of you. Not that I want to. I don't want to think of you as the one who got away. I either don't want it to get to that point, or I don't want it to end that way.

"His words were like heaven in my hurricane
My knees buckled under
I thought everyone was watching me
Watching you save my life with the song
You were mine
In the back of my mind
Oh just for one night
Just for a while
There's always one that gets away
The one that sneaks up on you that slips away
Two weeks later I was sitting in his apartment
He was making cappuccino
I said what kind of man makes cappuccino
We laughed We laughed We laughed
We laughed 'til tears ran down my face
Oh but my man you're someone else's man
And that ain't the man that I want
But you keep drawing me in with those big brown lying eyes
You'll always be mine
In the back of my mind."

I don't want to miss you. I want to hold on. I don't want this to be over. I want this to work. I know it's selfish, but I'm not like you. You have to see it in the way that it's NOT selfish: I'm giving so much of myself to you, in hopes that you'll respond eventually. I know you feel guilty and I'm sorry. But you need to see the truth, it cannot be ignored. We can't help what happened, it just did. You fell into my lap, and I into yours...This is not something we wanted or expected. But we both want it now, and the decision is yours to make.

Choose wisely. A man could live to regret this type of decision, and I don't want that to be you. Take a chance.

Yours,
LS

No comments:

Post a Comment